Imagine a place that is severely hit by a super typhoon. As a result, all of its communication facilities were totally devastated. No other means of communication exist in the area that hinders rescue and relief operations. Imagine that you are an Army Signal Platoon Leader tasked to lead a communications team into the area with a mission of establishing communications among victims, the Local Government, rescuers, and the National Government in order to provide real time information and facilitate coordination of humanitarian assistance and disaster response. Imagine you are competing with the world's best in cyber security to protect the nation.
- Enable command and control of ground forces through radio, wire and data communications;
- Conduct defensive and offensive Cyber Security operations.
- Provide multi-level repairs and maintenance of Army communication, electronics and information systems equipment.
How to become an Army Signal Corps Officer?
Step 1: Online Application
- If you have a college degree in any Information and Communication related courses and 21 - 29 years old, apply here for Officer Candidate Course (OCC).
- If you are a college graduate of any Information and Communication related courses and finished advanced ROTC, apply here for Officer Preparatory Course (OPC).
Step 2: Qualify
- For OCC and OPC, pass entrance examinations
- Armed Forces of the Philippines Service Aptitude Exam (AFPSAT) - Math, English, General Knowledge
- Army Qualifying Exam (AQE) - I.Q. Test
- Special Written Exam (SWE) - Essay on Current Events
- For PMA, pass the PMA entrance exam.
- See other qualifications for OCC,OPC, and PMA.
- You must be able to do at least:
- 47 Push-ups in 2mins
- 55 Sit-ups in 2mins
- 3.2 km run in 17mins
*See the proper way to execute these exercises. Click here.
Step 3: Train to be an Officer
- OCC is a 1-yearschooling to prepare you to become an Army officer. You will learn everything you need to be an officer and a gentleman. Upon graduating, you will be a 2nd Lieutenant (2Lt) in the regular force.
- OPC is a 6-month training to on becoming an Army officer. You will continue your education with the military taking off from what you've learned in ROTC. Upon graduating, you will be a 2Lt in the reserve force in active service.
- PMA is a 4-year degree in Military Science. Upon graduating, you will be a 2Lt in the regular force.
Step 4: Signal Officer Basic Course
You will need to undergo a sixteen (16) week Signal Officer Basic Course schooling. You will learn everything you need to know about your role as a Signal Platoon Leader in the Philippine Army.