Serving those who serve: the finance service offers you an amazing opportunity to work in an innovative, service-focused organization to serve our Army personnel. Be a hero to our heroes, serve those who protect and defend our nation.
- Manage the Pay and Allowances of Army personnel;
- Advice the Commander on Financial Management;
- Payment of financial obligations.
How to be a Finance Officer and serve those who serve
Step 1: Online Application
Step 2: Qualify
- If you have a financial management related college degree and 21 to 29 years of age, apply here for Officer Candidate Course (OCC).
- If you are a college graduate with financial management related degree and finished advanced ROTC, apply here for Officer Preparatory Course (OPC).
- If you are a senior high school graduate interested in financial management and other related courses or a graduate of these courses and not a day older than 22 years, apply here for the Philippine Military Academy (PMA).
- For OCC and OPC, pass entrance examinations
- Armed Forces of the Philippines Service Aptitude Exam (AFPSAT) - Math, English, General Knowledge
- Army Qualifying Exam (AQE) - I.Q. Test
- Special Written Exam (SWE) - Essay on Current Events
- For PMA, pass the PMA entrance exam.
- See other qualifications for OCC,OPC, and PMA.
- You must be able to do at least:
- 47 Push-ups in 2mins
- 55 Sit-ups in 2mins
- 3.2 km run in 17mins
*See the proper way to execute these exercises. Click here.
Step 3: Train to be an Officer
- OCC is a 1-year schooling to prepare you to become an Army officer. You will learn everything you need to be an officer and a gentleman. Upon graduating, you will be a 2nd Lieutenant (2Lt) in the regular force.
- OPC is a 6-month training to becoming an Army officer. You will continue your education with the military taking off from what you've learned in ROTC. Upon graduating, you will be a 2Lt in the reserve force in active service.
- PMA is a 4-year degree in Military Science. Upon graduating, you will be a 2Lt in the regular force.
Step 4: Finance Service Career Courses
An Army Finance Service Officer is required to take the Finance Service Officer Basic Course.
Ideal College Degrees:
- Accounting Technology
- Financial Management
- Business Administration
- Banking and Finance
- Other finance related courses