King of the Battle. You will be leading men with the big Guns of the Philippine Army. You will be responsible for neutralizing or suppressing the enemy by cannon, rockets and missile fire and to help integrate all fire support assets into combined arms operation. You will be the leader of the operations and to be an expert in tactics, techniques and procedures for the proper and effective employment of all fire support systems, provided with indirect fire support, air defense, and surveillance and target acquisition in battle. In addition to field guns and rockets, missile system and target acquisition systems, you are expected to be experts with wide variety of technologically complex equipment including: laser range finders, fire control computers, communication systems, global positioning systems, surveillance equipment and unmanned Aerial Vehicles.
- Command the most powerful and valuable weapons on the battlefield (the biggest guns in the Government Arsenal)
- Challenge and hone your leadership skills
How to be an Field Artillery Officer like no other
Step 1: Online Application
- If you have a college degree graduate and 21-29 years of age upon admission, apply here for Officer Candidate Course (OCC).
- If you are a college graduate and finished advanced ROTC, apply here for Officer Preparatory Course (OPC).
- If you are a Senior High School graduate not a day older than 22 years, apply here for the Philippine Military Academy (PMA).
Step 2: Qualify
- For OCC and OPC, pass entrance examinations
- Armed Forces of the Philippines Service Aptitude Exam (AFPSAT) - Math, English, General Knowledge
- Army Qualifying Exam (AQE) - I.Q. Test
- Special Written Exam (SWE) - Essay on Current Events
- For PMA, pass the PMA entrance exam.
- See other qualifications for OCC,OPC, and PMA.
- You must be able to do at least:
*See the proper way to execute these exercises. Click here.
- 47 Push-ups in 2mins
- 55 Sit-ups in 2mins
- 3.2 km run in 17mins
Step 3: Train to be an Infantry Officer
- OCC is a 1-yearschooling to prepare you to become an Army officer. You will learn everything you need to be an officer and a gentleman. Upon graduating, you will be a 2nd Lieutenant (2Lt) in the regular force.
- OPC is a 6-month training to on becoming an Army officer. You will continue your education with the military taking off from what you've learned in ROTC. Upon graduating, you will be a 2Lt in the reserve force in active service.
- PMA is a 4-year degree in Military Science. Upon graduating, you will be a 2Lt in the regular force.
Step 4: Artillery Officer Career Course
- Professional Training
- You will undergo Artillery Officer's Basic Course; this courses will introduce you to the duties required of a leader in the Artillery. You will develop your leadership skills while learning the basic duties of a Field Artillery Officer, an Air Defense Officer, and Target Acquisition Officer.
- Specialty Training
- Selected Artillery Officers may be sent on foreign schooling to gain knowledge, skills and technical expertise to operate modern artillery equipment and weaponry.