There is no other Human Resources career like the Adjutant General Service (AGS). AGS looks after the hundreds of soldiers and officers in the Army: their pay, morale, welfare, and training. You will ensure each soldier and officer is placed in the right position according to his abilities. You are also responsible for the evaluation, mentoring, and opportunities for advancement for soldiers and officers. With military training and qualifications, you'll build a great CV and an impressive HR career.
- Human Resource Management covering recruitment, promotion, assignment, education and training, morale and welfare, separation and retirement;
- Assist Army personnel's transition to civilian life;
- Act on military discipline and military justice cases; and,
- Manage Army Human Resource Records.
How to join the Adjutant General Service:
Step 1: Online Application
- If you have a College Degree in Human Resource Management or related courses and 21 - 29 years old apply here for Officer Candidate Course (OCC)
- b. If you are a college graduate in Human Resource Management or related courses and finished advanced ROTC, apply here for Officer Preparatory Course (OPC).
Step 2: Qualify
- For OCC and OPC, pass entrance examinations
- Armed Forces of the Philippines Service Aptitude Exam (AFPSAT) - Math, English, General Knowledge
- Army Qualifying Exam (AQE) - I.Q. Test
- Special Written Exam (SWE) - Essay on Current Events
- For PMA, pass the PMA entrance exam.
- See other qualifications for OCC,OPC, and PMA.
- You must be able to do at least:
- 47 Push-ups in 2mins
- 55 Sit-ups in 2mins
- 3.2 km run in 17mins
*See the proper way to execute these exercises. Click here.
Step 3: Train to be an Officer
- OCC is a 1-yearschooling to prepare you to become an Army officer. You will learn everything you need to be an officer and a gentleman. Upon graduating, you will be a 2nd Lieutenant (2Lt) in the regular force.
- OPC is a 6-month training to on becoming an Army officer. You will continue your education with the military taking off from what you've learned in ROTC. Upon graduating, you will be a 2Lt in the reserve force in active service.
- PMA is a 4-year degree in Military Science. Upon graduating, you will be a 2Lt in the regular force.
Step 4: AGS Officer's Basic Course
You will undergo the AGS Officer's Basic Course to learn everything you need to know about your role as a unit Personnel Officer in the Philippine Army.